- For undergraduate students
- Google sheet of paid summer research opportunities in psychology/neuroscience
- Project short: Resources for pre-med and pre-graduate students
- The Grad Cafe: A discussion forum for anyone applying to graduate school
- For graduate students
- The Professor Is In: Dr. Karen Kelsky provides top notch advice on how to get the most out of graduate school and how to write successful job application and grant application materials. I also recommend her book.
- For instructors and students alike
- For cognitive scientists
- Cognitive Science Society (CSS): An academic society that promotes cognitive science as a discipline. The society has an annual conference.
- The SPARK society: A society of cognitive scientists of color. Provides mentorship for junior scholars of color and promotes diversity in the cognitive sciences. Includes the SPARK scholars of color database.
- For language scientists
- Scholars to Read in the Field of Language - Google Sheets database
- Resources for any field of science
- The Open Science Framework (OSF): Easily share your research openly with the scientific community and the public. Through the OSF you can submit preprints and postprints of manuscripts, store supplemental information, and organize your projects all in one place.
- How to Write a CV for the Academic Job Market
- Letters for POC: Avoiding racial bias in letter of reference writing
- Yale University Women Faculty Forum: Resources for Avoiding Gender Bias in Reference Letters
- Gretchen McCulloch's crash course in "getting" Twitter, for linguists and other people in specific niches.
- DrugMonkeyBlog: A snarky blog that sometimes gives good advice and insight into the NIH grant application process and some advice on grant writing.
- #MeTooSTEM: An organization devoted to ending sexual harassment in STEM and supporting survivors.
- The Academic Sexual Misconduct and Violations of Relationship Policies Database: Make sure you don't end up working for or helping to advance the career of a known harasser.
- RStudio Cheatsheets
- Be Awesome in ggplot2: A Practical Guide to be Highly Effective
- Data Science in R
- swirl: Learn R, in R
- Data wrangling, exploration, and analysis with R
- R-Ladies: Promoting Gender Diversity in the R Community
- Praat scripting
- Phonetics on Speed: Praat scripting tutorial
- Think Python: An open textbook on Python for beginners
- InteriorNet: Photo-realistic indoor scenes dataset
- Harvard Visual Attention Lab Change Blindness Database
- CUNY Sentence Processing mailing list (psycholinguistics, linguistics)
- Linguist List (psycholinguistics, linguistics)
- Ling-R-Lang (psycholinguistics, statistics, R)
- American Dialect Society mailing list (linguistics)
- Vision List (vision science)
- Cognitive Science Society (cognitive science)
- Specification gaming examples in AI - master list: A Google sheets spreadsheet containing examples of AI doing exactly as it was told, not as its creators intended